Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stupidity in Action

There is a major intersection up the road from me, and it has a fancy, shiny camera that takes pictures of people as they go careening through the intersection. I don't know why it's there, because anybody who runs a red light in this particular intersection is going to DIE, but hey, what do I know? Well, this camera takes pictures pretty much every time the light turns red. Even if nobody is at the intersection. That's right. And yours truly has fallen prey to this light.

I got a letter in the mail a little bit ago stating I had run a red light and been caught by the camera. I can only ASSUME that these mailers go out to EVERYONE who gets a picture taken at this intersection without any kind of oversight. Why do I say this? Because I forgot to mention one important aspect of this intersection. There's a set of train tracks that runs by it. And oddly enough, had anybody seen the picture of me "running a red light" they would have, I would hope, seen the picture of a HUGE ASS TRAIN across the intersection and at least taken the time to investigate it, watch the video, see me come to a stop and turn right, and throw the thing in the trash.

But nope, apparently I have a magical car that is capable of passing through solid matter. I'm expecting the government to come knocking on my door any day now. Oy.

1 comment:

  1. Those red light cameras are a bitch. Especially at that intersection. And by the way, there is no due process so basically A) they're unconstitutional and B) you're gonna have to pay the fine anyway. Or well, your mom will.

    ReplyDelete